My freshman year of college, my roommate and childhood friend, Amy, used to make these easy mini-cinnamon rolls for me. Every time she made them, I would be EVER so excited. First, cause I love any good sweet-treat, and second, cause I’m a sucker for miniature versions of things. Aren’t mini things just so cute and frilling?
Luckily, Amy blessed me with the recipe when I moved out, and it hasn’t left my recipe book since. I’m telling you, it’s so simple. Check out the easy steps below:
1. Pop open a can of biscuits, and spread them out on a flat surface. I suppose if your ambitious you could make them from scratch. Apparently I’m not ambitious.
2. Using a glass, roll out and flatten each biscuit.
3. Spread some butter on the biscuits. Then, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
4. Roll up each biscuit into a log shape.
5. Slice each log into about 5 or 6 pieces. Place side by side on a baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes or so at 350 degrees. While baking, mix a cup of powdered sugar, 2 tbls of milk (It doesn’t matter what kind. I used coconut; it wasn’t my fave, but still good all the same.), and 1 tsp of almond or vanilla flavoring together for the glaze.
7. Pour your glaze on top of the rolls and serve immediately. If you love nuts as much as we do, you’ll add chopped pecans for extra FRILLS. Either way, you’ll really enjoy this fun and easy treat. Thanks Amy!